Humanity; We only reach for it when our guilt has overcome us and we can’t sleep at night… Me.
I’m sure you have been on the shit end of a stick at one given time or another. Usually, if you’re righteous in your choices, it’s because you have just become a whore gone good, a reformed ghost, a type of reincarnation, an evolutionary epoch that people can’t handle.
At any given time, you will be on the top of the list of Bull-Shit that people speak about during Sunday breakfast after church – what he did, what he said, what he was wearing, who he was with, and so forth. It always starts out with, “Did you hear?”
To some extent, I have been on that proverbial breakfast table for sometime, especially since the community I come from is so small, an insipid nature at best.
My friend told me a few weeks ago that he walked into one of these sessions and he told his family, “Don’t you guys have anything better to do? Go outside and pick up the piles of dog shit you kick round your own yard…!”
Very few like to see anyone succeed in their choices. Human nature is simple – it’s a blind dog eating and another blind dog world and few ever walk very far from the source of the stench.
These are a few things that have worked, and I’m sure you have others in your bag of tools:
1. Communication, clearly and precisely is important. Anyone can vaguely say that’s a type of pink flower. By the end of the day it’s a green weed.
2. A great partner is self regulating – he or she can handle her own piles of crap with or without you.
3. Small conflicts or even big conflicts shouldn’t destroy the relationship and one should not cower from them. They should be the pillars – the foundation that sets the tone of the future. What doesn’t kill us makes us weary or stronger as some say.
4. The need for compatible physical comfort. A kiss on a cold trail makes your heart warm.
5. My children need the best teachers that I can offer to them – so my choices should be strength, inspiration, and the patience to understand.
6. Everyone has a soul purpose – when we find it is when we finally are born. How can you offer anything to anyone if your soul purpose is lost or not yet found?
I have seen a 13 year old with a soul purpose and I have seen a 47 year old who has never even contemplated theirs, living someone else’s soul purpose, thinking it’s theirs until thrown out on their own.
7. Rest; Rest from the world is a must to find solace in your brain, juggling in your loss of words.
8. I need to know and admit that half of everything is mine. Me calling to it, I must be as admirable in my losses as I am in my blessings, “What am I calling into my corner?”
9. forgiveness; that’s my hardest one i have, easy to say hard to live by.
This spring and summer was amazing. I praise all those who have showed me the way to me, and I hope I did the same for you all. The harvest of the soul is the best harvest, and we only understand it when we have done the work of pulling out all the weeds that kill your source and to feed it the best loving nutrients it needs..
BLESSINGS and HONOR!